- About Us
Gallery of Aerial Photography ~ Cornwall & The Isles of Scilly
Cligga Mine Workings ~ Canvas
The Story: This photo was taken at the Hanover Cove end of Cligga Head on the evening of the 25th of May, 2020. I tried to fly as close to the opening of the mine workings as possible, to give a view into them, but without losing perspective on the headland.
This shot is a good example of how drones can access locations that people can only get to with great difficulty. 'Cligga' derives from the Cornish word for cliff, and the headland here reaches 300 feet above sea level. I wonder when the last Cornish miner stood here?
I love the colours in the cliff face, and the seagull sitting in the mine entrance.
Photographer: Jamie Turnbull
This photograph is also available as a framed and mounted print.
- Printing: A Giclée print.
- Finish: Our canvas is a finely textured artist-grade cotton, which consistently reproduces image details with outstanding clarity. Choose from two edging options: white or image wrap.
- Hanging: Canvases are delivered ready to hang on your wall.
- Environmental: Where possible, ecological (water based) inks are used. Wooden frames are sustainably sourced from FSC approved suppliers. Pictures are produced at the manufacturing partner closest to you, which reduces transport carbon emissions.
- Manufacture: Printing and construction is done by our manufacturing partner network in your closest area, be that: the UK, Europe, USA, Australia and New Zealand. All canvases are printed and stretched over a kiln-dried knotless pine frame by professional canvas framers. Please allow 2 working days for your order to be made.
- Delivery: We offer free worldwide delivery. UK Customers: please allow 5 working days for your order to be delivered. Rest of World: please allow 10 working days for your order to be delivered.