- About Us
Gallery of Aerial Photography ~ Cornwall & The Isles of Scilly
Sunset Calm ~ Canvas
The Story: Every year there are usually a couple of days upon which the Atlantic Ocean gets tired of frantically pounding the shore and decides to take a rest.
On these occasions the sea becomes like a giant mill-pool, and hordes of kayakers and paddleboards charge into the sea to explore their new, if temporary, playground.
The spell of calm water in July 2021 seemed to go on forever, and was later confirmed to be the calmest period for thirteen years! This shot was taken at sunset off Perranporth beach, during this calm spell.
I love the contrast between light and dark in this shot.
Photographer: Jamie Turnbull
This photograph is also available as a framed and mounted print.
- Printing: A Giclée print.
- Finish: Our canvas is a finely textured artist-grade cotton, which consistently reproduces image details with outstanding clarity. Choose from two edging options: white or image wrap.
- Hanging: Canvases are delivered ready to hang on your wall.
- Environmental: Where possible, ecological (water based) inks are used. Wooden frames are sustainably sourced from FSC approved suppliers. Pictures are produced at the manufacturing partner closest to you, which reduces transport carbon emissions.
- Manufacture: Printing and construction is done by our manufacturing partner network in your closest area, be that: the UK, Europe, USA, Australia and New Zealand. All canvases are printed and stretched over a kiln-dried knotless pine frame by professional canvas framers. Please allow 2 working days for your order to be made.
- Delivery: We offer free worldwide delivery. UK Customers: please allow 5 working days for your order to be delivered. Rest of World: please allow 10 working days for your order to be delivered.