- About Us
Gallery of Aerial Photography ~ Cornwall & The Isles of Scilly
Green Island, St. Agnes ~ Canvas
The Story: This shot was taken as the sun appeared from under the rain clouds, just before sunset, on an unsettled night in July 21.
Which rock is Green Island? If you go by the OS Map then Green Island is one of the large rocks in the background of this shot. However, like many places, historical maps and contemporary usage differ: and when St. Agnes locals talk about Green Island today then they mean the rock on the foreground.
In calmer seas it seems to be a rite of passage for St. Agnes kids to climb Green Island and jump off the top into the sea.
I love the contrast between the sunset colours reflecting off the rocks and the dark sky.
Photographer: Jamie Turnbull
This photograph is also available as a framed and mounted print.
- Printing: A Giclée print.
- Finish: Our canvas is a finely textured artist-grade cotton, which consistently reproduces image details with outstanding clarity. Choose from two edging options: white or image wrap.
- Hanging: Canvases are delivered ready to hang on your wall.
- Environmental: Where possible, ecological (water based) inks are used. Wooden frames are sustainably sourced from FSC approved suppliers. Pictures are produced at the manufacturing partner closest to you, which reduces transport carbon emissions.
- Manufacture: Printing and construction is done by our manufacturing partner network in your closest area, be that: the UK, Europe, USA, Australia and New Zealand. All canvases are printed and stretched over a kiln-dried knotless pine frame by professional canvas framers. Please allow 2 working days for your order to be made.
- Delivery: We offer free worldwide delivery. UK Customers: please allow 5 working days for your order to be delivered. Rest of World: please allow 10 working days for your order to be delivered.